Congratulations to Sadie – NJ Pet Sitters Pet of the Month for October 2010! Sadie was a little buzzing bee for Halloween and looked adorable! She is happy go-lucky, very lovable and always sits in our laps and loves to give kisses. She loves to sniff around everywhere on her dog walks!
DANA is the EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH FOR OCTOBER 2010! Dana jumped right in on last-minute calls from clients, and helped out her peers as well. On a Friday night, one of our current clients called and needed emergency visits, but his current sitter was unavailable. She dropped everything to go meet him and his 2 German Shepherds, and she started the visits the very next morning! If you have ever met Dana, you know that she is always positive, and there is always a smile on her face. She also provided coverage on Halloween weekend for overnight sits so that the regular sitter could enjoy the special holiday with family. Her attention to detail and willingness to go above-and-beyond help NJ Pet Sitters to deliver the best pet sitting and dog walking in North Jersey!
Helpful tips from NJ Pet Sitters for Halloween enjoyment and festivities with your fur kids (and the less-hairy kind):
- Keep dogs and cats in a separate area without access to the main entrance/front door to avoid scaring trick-or-treaters or your pets. In addition, this will prevent your pets from possibly running outside while you least expect it.
- Do not bring dogs with you while trick-or-treating to avoid scaring other children walking around or the owners of the houses that you stop by.
- Keep outdoor cats indoors for a few day before Halloween to avoid potential problems with pranksters (especially black cats).
- Any Halloween costumes for your pets should be loose-fitting and not have any small parts that may be ingested.
- Do not share any candy with your pets, especially chocolate, and be sure to instruct your children to do the same. Candy and especially chocolate can be lethal to pets because of its poisonous nature to them.
- Jack-O-Lanterns are dangerous if they contain lit candles inside, so be sure to pay extra attention to your pets’ location and proximity to them.
- ID tags or collars should be worn at all times in case your pet does escape from the house, so it can be properly identified and hopefully returned.
Remember these tips while enjoying Halloween, and be sure to collect lots of goodies!